4/14/2014

Old Rocker

Sunday April 27th, Acts 2: 2 Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. 23 This man was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men put him to death by nailing him to the cross. 24 But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.  That old rocker who passed away about 6 years ago, Larry Norman, was one of the first Christian Rockers.  In one of his songs he used the following lines about the resurrection, “but you shoulda known you can’t keep a good man down.” There's nothing wrong with playing blues licks, But if you got a reason tell me to my face Why should the devil have all the good music. There's nothing wrong with what I play 'Cause Jesus is the rock and he rolled my blues away. I ain't knocking the hymns, Just give me a song that has a beat. I ain't knocking the hymns, Just give me a song that moves my feet. I don't like none of those funeral marches I ain't dead yet!  Jesus told the truth, Jesus showed the way There's one more thing I'd like to say. They nailed him to the cross, they laid him in the ground, But they shoulda known you can't keep a good man down. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BznsjIe5sMk&feature=related  It is a bit crass, but true.  God raised him, in spite of us, because of us, for us.   Life goes on; Christ is out there ahead of us leading the way.  It is our job to tell the story and be the presence of the risen Christ in the world.  Go and tell whatever means you use, even if you are an old rock and roller.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me