7/14/2014

scratched the surface

Thursday July 24th, Matthew 13: 44 "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.  45 "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. 46 When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it. If you could buy the kingdom of heaven, what would it cost?  Could you get it for some lose change in your pocket?  Could you buy it with your savings?  Would you have to take out a loan, and mortgage the wife, kids, car, boat, house, soul? I had a friend of mine ask me while he was dying, What is heaven like?  I had to tell him that I didn't know, but that every attempt to describe it only scratched the surface, but even then described a place of beauty, joy, peace and love.  I asked him to let me know if he could.  He passed away a couple of hours later, at peace and surrounded by his loving family.   It has been close to 30 years and I haven't heard from him yet.  I think it has more to do with him being busy enjoying himself than anything else.  He found out he couldn’t buy it, it was a gift.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me