8/11/2014

promise

Tuesday August 19th, Romans 11:  1 I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew. The promise has been made to Abraham and to all the children of Abraham, I will be your God, and you, plural, will be my people.  It is not a rejection by the sovereign Lord, it is acceptance, it is Grace.  Grace for Paul, Grace for you and me, Grace for the Israelites and Arabs in the Gaza and elsewhere, the easterners and westerners, the northerners and the southerners, the proclaimers and deniers, the good, the bad and the ugly, the gay the straight, all saved by grace.  Not rejected, just a bigger family than you could ever have imagined.  God did not reject his family.  God loved his family, the people of this earth who were created in the image of God and called from the very beginning of time, good. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me