9/01/2014

The questions is

Sunday September 7th, Ezekiel 33:  7 "Son of man, I have appointed you as a prophet to warn the people of Israel. So listen to my message. Give them a warning from me.  8 "Suppose I say to a sinful person, 'You can be sure that you will die.' And suppose you do not try to get him to change his ways. Then he will die because he has sinned. And I will hold you accountable for his death.  9 "But suppose you do warn that sinful person. You tell him to change his ways. But he does not do it. Then he will die because he has sinned. But you will have saved yourself.  The questions is, can one save one’s self if the other looses?  Can an individual ever fully be content with the demise of another?  Ezekiel’s message seems to be counter to the Gospel of Christ.  Jesus’ response is to treat them like tax collectors and sinners, or one could say, like Matthew and the rest of the disciples.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me