9/01/2014

This is about community

Saturday September 13th, Matthew 18:  19 "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."  This is not about individual Christianity, me and God, kind of stuff.  This is about community, prayer partners and getting together with others because each of us has the capacity to go astray if left alone.  When we gather, Jesus is there.  That does not mean that every gathering listens to Christ, but at least the possibility is there.  And there is no greater way to build community than to pray together with Christ.  When we are in sync with Jesus vision for the world where there is peace and justice for all, God gives us the insight to see how we can help bring this about.  When we are not in sync with God’s vision of Peace and justice for all in this world, we end up with political comments regarding hurricanes and earth quakes being God’s vengeance on sinners.  When that happens, know that the speaker understands neither God nor Science.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me