10/06/2014

get in the way

Thursday October 16th, Matthew 22:  1 Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: 2 "The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3 He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.  4 "Then he sent some more servants and said, 'Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.'  5 "But they paid no attention and went off.  It was not for want of an invitation, but rather the seeming importance of the everyday and the mundane in life that drew them aside.  I can’t make it to worship, I have to sleep in, go snow machining, spend time with the kids, go fishing, fix the car, work on the cabin, the kids have hockey, and on and on and on it goes.  Bottom line, the “I” is more important than the “thou”, the thou being God.  We live in a convenience society; there are forty different kinds of bread in the store and a hundred different kinds of candy.  We are used to choosing this or that.  Sometimes all those choices get in the way of what is important in life.  As long as time with God is only a choice among many, it will seldom be “the” choice.  The “I” in L”I”fe gets in the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me