10/13/2014

Poem based on Matthew 22:15-22

What is this

In God we trust? Stuff
As if
We really trust in god
My party yes
The army yes
As long as they don’t question me
The people, yes
As long as they vote the right way
But
In god
We trust
The next thing we know
God
Will be asking us to love
Loving God I understand
Getting all gushy inside
Letting the high waft over me during worship
Getting excited as hating the sin
And loving the sinner
Under the condition of the sinner giving up
Sinful ways
And seeing the world as I do
Because I am Right
But loving others as ourselves
That only work when they
Become
Like
ME
The perfect example of god’s perfection
By my standards
In this world
In God we trust?
Only on the coin my friend
Only on the coin
Forget it man
No way
I mean
That would mean change
Not just who is in charge
But how we do things
We would be forced to face
Honesty
Integrity
No way will that work
No way will in God we trust work
In this world
In What god do we trust?
Self?
Time?
Talent?
Self preservation?
What god do we trust in?
Give me the coin
Oh
I see
In God we trust
In GOD
We are asked to
Set the priorities
In our life
Set the priorities
That will guide us
And live
In God
Trusting
In that God we claim to trust


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me