11/03/2014

I feel it again


Tuesday November 11th, 1 Thessalonians 4: 13-14 And regarding the question, friends, that has come up about what happens to those already dead and buried, we don't want you in the dark any longer. First off, you must not carry on over them like people who have nothing to look forward to, as if the grave were the last word. Since Jesus died and broke loose from the grave, God will most certainly bring back to life those who died in Jesus. Last week we honored the Saints in our lives, for most of us these are the dear departed who brought us the Gospel, the good news that we are loved by God.  My parents passed away about a year apart, it was a couple of years before I reached the point where I no longer walked to the phone to call them, or when it rang, wondered if it was them, or perhaps just turned, heard a song, saw a flash of light that stopped me short with the feeling of their presence.  For the most part that feeling is gone now after almost 20 years. But sometimes I wonder, is it gone only because my intellect has overcome my spirit?  The good news in Christ is that the grave has not overcome and that we are surrounded by the saints at all times. In writing this, I feel it again.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me