11/10/2014

working too hard


Wednesday November 19th, 1 Thessalonians 5: 4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not living in darkness, and so that day will not surprise you like a thief. 5 You are all people who belong to the light and to the day. We do not belong to the night or to darkness.When you walk with God it is not a matter of getting ready, it is a matter of being ready. How do you know when you are ready?? When others in one way or another point out that you seem to be the kind of person who loves God with all your heart and loves your neighbor as yourself, and you are not sure what they are talking about. Then you know that for you being a Christian is not something you do, it is something you are and the doing just flows from that.  It’s like, I love my wife and how I act toward her, how I live my life in this world, reflect that.  If on the other hand I feel I have to prove to her that I love her, something is amiss in our relationship.  If you somehow feel you have to prove to God you love God, something is amiss and you are working too hard hiding that part of your life you do not want to give over to God. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me