12/05/2014

why me?

Wednesday December 17th, 1 Thessalonians 5: 23I pray that God, who gives peace, will make you completely holy. And may your spirit, soul, and body be kept healthy and faultless until our Lord Jesus Christ returns.  Sometimes our spirits, souls and bodies take a beating, and sometimes our bodies lose the battle.  A dear departed friend of mine, Glenn Growth, when talking of his cancer said the following: “The way I see it, we read that in the beginning God created order out of chaos, and ever since then we have been expecting order to be the norm.  I have come to realize that chaos is the norm and that every day I have lived without cancer is a blessing.  The question is not why me? It is rather, why not until now.”  Sometimes real peace only comes after a life well lived.  I pray that God who gives peace, will make you so completely open to the holy that you become aware, even if ever so slightly, that all of life is a blessing to be lived.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me