1/12/2015

Where can I hide?

Monday January 19th, Psalm 139: Where can I go to escape Your Spirit? Where can I flee from Your presence? If I go up to heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, You are there. If I live at the eastern horizon or settle at the western limits, even there Your hand will lead me; Your right hand will hold on to me. There is no place in the physical universe, no place in our mental universe, no place in our spiritual existence that is beyond the reach of God. Wherever we are at, God is there too.  God is calling you and has a path, a hope and a dream for you in your life. I have never met anyone who has not taken a few detours from this path in life, and there are many who avoid the path set before them altogether.  When we do find ourselves on that path however, we notice things like the days seem somehow brighter, (When we notice that we call it an Epiphany) life seems to have more meaning and others sometimes respond in ways that make you feel good inside, which is the same as feeling God inside. When we leave the path, it is not that things go wrong for us, it just seems like something is missing, and there is emptiness, a hole that keeps us from being whole in our lives. That is when God finds you in some faraway place and ushers you back toward the path, sometimes gently, sometimes not so gently. Consciously or unconsciously you can run from God, but you can’t hide. God loves you and will not give up on you.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me