3/16/2015

Glorify



Saturday March 28th, John 12: 27 "Right now I am storm-tossed. And what am I going to say? "Father, get me out of this'? No, this is why I came in the first place. 28 I'll say, "Father, put your glory on display.'" A voice came out of the sky: "I have glorified it, and I'll glorify it again." 29 The listening crowd said, "Thunder!" Others said, "An angel spoke to him!" 30 Jesus said, "The voice didn't come for me but for you. Jesus began his ministry when he was baptized in the river Jordan by John, and the voice came from heaven saying, “this is my son in whom I am will pleased.” After teaching the disciples Jesus took Peter, James and John up on the mountain and was transfigured before them and the voice of God spoke, “this is my son, my beloved, listen to him.” Jesus then began the journey toward Jerusalem and the crucifixion, teaching the disciples along the way the meaning of being a self-giving child of God. And now in the garden, the Greeks, those outside the Jewish tradition came seeking this new teaching, this Jesus, and again the voice of God glorifies Jesus’ name for the sake of the whole world. The voice is for us. The message of God’s love, forgiveness, wholeness, the message of God’s kingdom breaking in, lives, primarily in the sharing of that message beyond our borders of comfort.  It is the theological equivalent of bio-diversity.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me