3/23/2015

joke

Good Friday, April 3rd, Mark 14:30 "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "today--yes, tonight--before the rooster crows twice you yourself will disown me three times."  But Peter insisted emphatically, "Even if I have to die with you, I will never disown you." It is not something we like to admit, but most of us have either laughed at or told off color or racial or sexual jokes.  These seemingly innocent gestures poke fun at and demean another person or group of persons created in the image of God.  These jokes deny the totality of Christ in your life.  To tell or laugh at them is to scream to the world, “I DO NOT KNOW HIM.”  By screaming, “I DO NOT RECOGNIZE THE WONDERFUL VASTNESS OF THE BODY OF CHRIST.” We have all disowned Christ, not three times but three times infinity, and the beat goes on.  Pray today that God would kick you extra hard when you are about to laugh at or tell a “I do not know him” joke. And I mean, Extra hard!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me