4/13/2015

Fathers day, this and every Sunday



Monday April 20th, 1 John 3: 1 What marvelous love the Father has extended to us! Just look at it--we're called children of God! That's who we really are. I love my children. But to be honest, there are days I wonder why. Now that they have gotten older and on their own it is easier, but oh, even now, there are those days….. The bottom line however, I love them. That is who I am. We are called the children of God. I am sure there are lots of times when God is pretty disappointed, or at least just wants to go on vacation and get away from us all.  God loves us anyway. That is who God is. We are the children of God because we are loved and we are loved because we are the children of God. Don’t forget Mother’s day or Father’s day, it comes every Sunday when we gather, hear words of forgiveness, words of Gospel and hope, offer thanks and some understanding of how to do better, and of course, are fed.  There are times when I think warm Chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk might be a better symbol for communion.  This is my love poured out for you, welcome to the kitchen of God!   Smell the smells, feel the warmth, taste the goodness, comfort food, comfort love, comfort Gospel.  Take and eat in remembrance that you are all loved in the family of God.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me