6/29/2015

getting there called life.

Monday July 6th, 2 Corinthians 12:  6 If I had a mind to brag a little, I could probably do it without looking ridiculous, and I'd still be speaking plain truth all the way. But I'll spare you. I don't want anyone imagining me as anything other than the fool you'd encounter if you saw me on the street or heard me talk. One way to look like the fool on the street, or anywhere else, is to brag.  It is often referred to as having “I” trouble.  Paul had much to brag about in the area of religious experience, and even had a little “I” trouble himself, which is true for most of us.  Paul’s main focus however was the Lord.  And we are called to keep the Lord as the main focus in our encounters with others who want to hear the word.  Any other focus tends to turn around and bite you.  Are you having trouble with depression, unhappiness, ambition, etc?  Change your focus; change the direction your life faces.  All too often feelings of depression are because we feel this life is all about us.  Change your life and your focus in the direction of Christ.  Once you know the one to whom you will go, the one with whom you will spend eternity, it will help you enjoy the journey getting there called life.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me