7/27/2015

a bit empty inside

Sunday August 2nd, Psalm 78: He split the Sea and they walked right through it; he piled the waters to the right and the left. He led them by day with a cloud, led them all the night long with a fiery torch. He split rocks in the wilderness, gave them all they could drink from underground springs; He made creeks flow out from sheer rock, and water pour out like a river. All they did was sin even more, rebel in the desert against the High God.  Children will be children and the children of God are no exception.  As an empty nester I find that it’s nice when the children get older and they begin to take care of themselves.  Mark Twain marveled, tongue in cheek, at how smart his father had become as he got older.  I’m still waiting on my children to reach that maturity, but someday maybe.  God had that same trouble with the children of God during the Exodus, when are we going to get there, I’m hungry, Johnny looked at me, can I smite him?  God still has that same trouble with us, them gays love different than us, we can’t provide healthcare for my brother, he is lazy and hasn’t made as much money in the market as I have, when can I start a war and smite someone?  We all want a bit more because we feel a bit empty inside.  God has not only given us more than we can imagine, but also through Christ, something to fill that emptiness in our soul.  If we stopped playing around with the war machine we might notice that.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me