8/03/2015

receiving end

Saturday August 15th, John 6: 47 I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life. 48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died. 50 But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die. 51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."  A little bread and we are on our way for now, a little bread of life and we are on our way forever.  Salvation and goodness come from God.  They are given to us in the message and ministry, the death and resurrection of Jesus.  We are the ones who receive that goodness.  As receivers, we are not in charge of who else might be on the receiving end of the good gifts of God.  God so loved the world he gave his only son, and that is good enough for me.  The grace that comes from God, if indeed it be grace, extends to all.  Our job is not to judge, but to live as brothers and sisters in Christ.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Facebook me